Sunday, November 16, 2008

Bloco X 2009: Hold these dates!

Just got an email from the Bloco X organizers: The great Bloco X "rehearsal" (= "four-day party") will be

April 30 to May 3, 2009
Location TBA , but presumably somewhere in Europe.


Quick check of calendar: Aha. Just like this last spring, that's the tail end of my university's finals week. So, once again, if I'm completely insane about how I time my final exams, and completely blow off commencement again, I can blast out of Oregon on Tuesday, get to Bloco X by Thursday and have a fabulous four-day weekend playing samba in Europe. Including my birthday!

When I left Bloco X last May, as I was walking out the door one of the leaders called out to me "You can come back next year, as long as the Americans don't vote shit again!" I think maybe, just maybe, they'll let me back in. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home