Sunday, April 15, 2007

Pandeiro pattern for the day

rah, I HAVE been holding to my vow to play pandeiro every day. I don't know why but I suddenly got super-inspired about pandeiro as soon as I got back to the US. It's been really hard to play anything else, but totally easy to get going on pandeiro - a complete flip-flop from what it felt like in Rio, where pandeiro was hard but everything else was inspiring.

Here's the pattern I was working on today. It's a "finger funk", my term for funk patterns that have the downbeat on the finger.

Key: A finger bass is F. A thumb bass is T. A slap is S, and h is the heel of the hand.
Constant strong left hand turn.

I developed this from a Monobloco surdo pattern. It is nothing fancy, just a 16th-note funk. Aim for about 112bpm (per quarter note) and try it along with track 7 of Monobloco Ao Vivo.

Fhfh ShFh FhFh Shfh

Fhfh Shfh fhFh STfh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home